Thermax provides a range of engineering solutions in the energy and environment sectors. We are one of the few companies in the world that offers integrated innovative solutions in the field of heating, cooling, power, water and waste management, air pollution control and chemicals. We strive to serve our clients better by developing sustainable solutions which are environment-friendly and enable efficient deployment of energy and water resources.
READ MORE: https://www.infowaka.com/community
We are headquartered in Pune, India and operate globally through 33 international offices, 12 sales & service offices and 12 manufacturing facilities – 7 in India and 5 overseas. Thermax foresees Africa as one of the key market for future business growth and would want to increase its presence by bringing on board a mix of local talent and expat as experts to grow the existing business portfolio in Africa. We have been doing business in Africa for more than two decades and our products and installations are in various countries across Africa, the maximum numbers of customers are in Kenya and Nigeria.
Job Title: Deputy Manager Sales
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Map and Segment the target markets (Captive / Independent Power/Merchant Power Plants, Operation & Maintenance of existing / new Power Plants)
- · Develop a Business Plan and approach for addressing the market
- · Identify potential customers for Thermax EPC offerings. Create plans to approach new customer and deal with entry barriers for Thermax offerings based on buyer behavior and purchasing pattern. Convert potential opportunities to order
- · Create an entry strategy for Thermax Turnkey / Supply & Supervision offerings in various segments on Biomass, Solid Fuel and Gas
- · Meet the enquiry / lead generation and order booking targets in line with Annual Business Plan
- · Evaluate and establish a network of associates & consultants in the complimenting industry segments
- · Participate in promotion exercises to ensure a sustainable pipeline of enquiries
- · Support back end team in identifying local suppliers and help in developing contractors and fabricators
- · Essential Qualification : Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- · Desirable Qualification : Post Graduate qualification in Marketing / Business Management.
- · Experience : 8 to 10 Years out of which 2-4 years in selling Power Equipment.
- · Products to be handled : Power EPC / Packages, O & M for Power Projects, Boilers
- · Position type (Choose) : Full Time (Indian Expats and Locals)
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB
We are looking for Sales professional having the drive to excel, develop and grow business.
The key competencies required are:
- · Possess the ability to carry the Thermax brand across the industry segments.
- · Flair for language (English and local dialect) in both verbal and written
- · Cognitive ability & ability to scan business environment
- · Ability to learn quickly
- · Ability to work in cross cultural set-up
- · Appreciation of Cost of various packages in Power Plant
- · Ability to build relationship with customers and consultants
- · Ability to sell new products and solutions
- · Result orientation
- · Experience in Capital equipment sale preferably power related like EPC Projects, large capacity Boilers, Coal Handling plants, DG sets, solar, combined cycle plants etc.
- · Exposure to overall power industry & its dynamics
- · Exposure to Contracting terms for tenders
- · Awareness of changing regulations and its impact on business
- · Background Check
- · Reference Check
- · We seek to attract professionals by offering competitive compensation and benefit package that includes medical insurance, paid time off.
- · Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply in English language only.