Nigerian Police Salary Structure 2021
The Nigerian Police force is a law-abiding body that helps the government to enforce law and order in society.
This has been the charge that the Nigerian Police force has been living to fulfil. Many people usually wonder if the police force department is being paid well.
Some even go further to check their salary structure. There is no need to go far to check about this detail as the answer is right here.
The Nigerian police force has trying its best to maintain law and order in this country every passing day but it seems as though both the government and the people do not appreciate their effort.
Due to this, early this year, the president of Nigeria announced a new Nigerian Police Salary Structure.
This salary improvement has really been of help as it has shown that the government has not forgotten the Nigerian police force.
The new Nigerian Police Salary Structure is a result of the brutality caused by the end SARS protest.
During this protest, there was a great loss of lives from both the people and the Nigerian police force.
The federal government decided to improve the salary structure of the Nigerian Police force so as to enable them have enough in case of any occurrence.
These occurrences can be an accident, sickness of various family and personal issues that need financial assistance.
Also, this new salary structure is also to see to it that the Nigerian police force couples the work of the State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
The salary structure is to see to it that they have the strength to handle both their services and that of the State Anti-Robbery Squad.
All details about the Nigerian Police Salary Structure is in this post, all ranks of the Nigerian police force are also here.
To know more about the Nigerian Police Salary Structure and also about the force, read down and don’t miss out on any detail.
The Nigerian Police Force
The Nigerian Police force is a law enforcement body. This arm of the force is a lead security agency in Nigeria.
The Nigerian police force has a staff strength of not less than 371,800 members. Presently, there are plans on the ground to increase the numbers of its members to 650,000.
This is to be done by adding a sum of 280,000 new recruits to its present members.
The Nigerian police force is a large governmental body that has a total of 36 states commands. These commands are grouped into 12 zones and 7 administrative organs.
The head of the Nigerian police force is the Inspector General of Police. The present inspector general is Adamu Muhammed.
Through the designation of the 1999 constitution, the Nigerian police force has exclusive jurisdiction throughout the country.
This constitutional provision also allows the establishment of separate NPF branches. This forms part of the armed forces that guide the harbours, waterways, railways and airfields.
In 1990, the port security police were reported to have a staff strength between 1,500 and 12,000.
The Nigerian police force has an operating budget between 1984 and 1988 was between 360 million naira and 380 million naira. It increased in 1988 to 521 million naira.
There were also expenditure infusions of about 206 million naira in 1986 and 260 million naira in 988. This amount represented 3.5 and 2.5 per cent of federal capital expenditures as of then.
The Nigerian police force also has a mobile force. This mobile force is called the police mobile force. The police mobile force has a duty of countering cases of civil disturbance.
The Nigerian Police Ranks
The Nigerian police force has several ranks. These ranks are according to the level which the prospective officers have gained in the police force.
This ranking is from the new recruits and to the head of the Nigerian Police force. The head of the Nigerian police force is the Inspector General of Police also known as the IG.
It is this inspector general that gives the final order in the police department. It has the power to either recruit or dismiss any officer that deserves it.
Orders from the office of the inspector general are mandatory orders. These orders cannot be refused for any other order.
Disobedience to this order can lead to the dismissal of the prospective officer or any other punishment. There are other levels of police officers. You will get to know them in this section of this post.
Before one can start from being a new recruit and climbs up to the top as the inspector general, he or she must gather a lot of experience.
Also, educational qualifications also matter in the promoting of police officers. Force members with high educational qualifications tend to earn higher than those with low qualifications.
For this reason, many police officers usually go to school even while in the force so as to get higher promotions.
See all ranks of the Nigerian police force below starting from the head office to the least officer.
- Inspector General
- Deputy Inspector-General of Police
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
- Lance Corporal
Nigerian Police Salary Structure
Below is the Nigerian Police Force Salary Structure;
- New Police recruit – N9,019.42
- A police constable on grade level 03 -#43,293.80
- constable on grade level 03 STEP 10 – #51,113.59
- Police corporal on grade level 04 STEP ONE – #44,715.53
- corporal on grade level 04 STEP 10 – #51,113.59
- Police sergeant on grade level 05 step one – #55,540.88
- sergeant on grade level 05 step 10 -#55,973.84
- Police sergeant major (non COMMISSIONED OFFICER) on grade level 06 step 01 -#55,144.81
- Sergeant major (non COMMISSIONED OFFICER) on grade level 06 step 10 – #62,204.88
- Police cadet inspector on grade level 07 step 0ne -#73,231.51
- Cadet inspector on grade level o7 step 10 – #87,135
- Assistant superintendent of police on grade level 08 step one – #127,604.68
- Police Assistant Superintendent on grade level 08 step 10 – #144,152.07
- Assistant Superintendent of Police on grade level 09 step one – #136,616.06
- Police Assistant Superintendent on grade level 09 step 10- #156,318.39
- Deputy Superintendent of police on grade level 10 step one- #148,733.29
- Police Deputy Superintendent on grade level 10 step 10 – #170.399.69
- Superintendent of police on grade level 11 step one – #161,478.29
- Police Superintendent on grade level 11 step 10 – #187,616.69
- Chief Superintendent of police on grade level 12 step one – #172,089.06
- Police Chief Superintendent on grade level 12 step 08 – #199,723.96
- Assistant commissioner of police on grade level 13 step one- #183,185.73
- Police Assistant commissioner on grade level 13 step 10 – #212,938.16
- Deputy Commissioner of police on grade level 14 step one – #242,715.65
- Deputy Commissioner of Police on grade level 14 step 7 – #278,852.79
- Commissioner of police on grade level 15 step one – #266,777.79
- Commissioner of police on grade level 15 step 6 – #302,970.47
- The assistant inspector general of police – #499,751
- Deputy inspector general of police – #546,572.73
- Inspector general of police – #771,498.00
Drop all comments and questions regarding this post below.